Patient Portal FAQs
Setting Up Account & Accessing Account
Benefits of the TFC Patient Portal Are Many for Our Parents/Patients:
- Request Camp and School Health Forms
- Messages to and from the doctors, clinicians, staff and billing
- Print forms, growth charts, immunization records, messages
- Request Medication Re-Fills
- Update contact information (if minor 18 and under that is typically the parents)
- Update the preferences on how you would like to be notified of appointments, reminders, messages, billing statements
First Step to Create a TFC Patient Portal Account
You Created Account-Verify Email Check Your In Box
Verify the email for confirmation and you will be logged into the TFC Patient Portal
You Verified Account – You Should See This Home Screen
Below you will find screen shots of what the TFC Patient Portal looks like when set up correctly.
Your home screen will look like below – children/family at bottom – tabs to navigate the portal at top:
You manage the portal by the “tabs” on the home screen – by clicking on each child (their name appears at the top) you navigate the portal by these tabs.
Patient Information is an Important Tab
You will see “options” below and the following tabs to access information:
- Growth Chart
- Links Handouts
- Patient Demographics
- Prescriptions Medications
- Problem List
- View History
Account Tab Pertains to Parent/Guardian/Patient over 18:
Access the following and update your contact information that is “synced” with our office
- Billing and Statements (pay online, see statements, balance, print statements)
- Contact and Personal Information (update address, cell, email and notifications)
- Portal Account (if you change an email or want to re-set your password)
- Notifications (show past history of communications)
You Created Account and Do Not See Your Children/Family Listed
If you are a “current active” patient and your screen looks like this below – there is an issue with the database and set up – see below for email instructions to alert our team and correct the database.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to update your information in our main database
When you send an email please include:
- Your First and Last Name
- Email you used to create your account on the patient portal
- Children’s First Names
The Patient Portal at Total Family Care benefits our patients, parents and families with improved communications as we continue to update the practice to easy automations and online efficiencies.
ALL communications on the portal are HIPPA compliant. Messages are integrated into the patient chart and there to discuss in future sick and well visits for your child/children.
For non-urgent questions – SEND A MESSAGE – Our doctors, clinicians and staff answer messages throughout the day as they see patients Monday 830am to Friday 3pm (hours/times subject to change)